This is a delicious traditional Greek food! Try it at home!
- 1 kg cuttlefish
- 1 kg spinach
- 3 onions
- 1 tea cup olive oil
- lemon juice
- Wash and chop the cuttlefish in pieces. Remove the backbone, the skin, the eyes and cut the tentacles in pieces. Let it drain.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and chop it in pieces.
- Peel and chop the onions, saute them in a saucepan with olive oil.
- Add the cuttlefish and its tentacles and saute for a while.
- Then add the spinach, the parsley (chopped), the dill, salt and pepper.
- Add a cup of water and simmer in low temperature until only the oil remains.
- Do not put to much salt because the cuttlefish has a salty taste itself. Remove from heat and pour the lemon juice. Serve hot or cold.
Don’t forget to visit www.cretaneshop.gr to find excellent quality of greek products, for amazing recipes!
Photo by: Déspina Kortesidou